Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Melon Twist Gets Sketchy - DCWV

Hello! If you're familiar with DCWV, then you probably know that every month they host a Stack-a-holic sketch challenge. The design team shares their takes on a layout sketch and a card sketch, and you have the month to play along. The top twelve entries are featured on the blog. Well...today I have the honor of setting the August challenge!


Sketchy Thursdays has always been my favorite source of sketches, thanks to the talents of my friend, Diana Fisher. I just had to share one of her fabulous layout sketches with my DCWV friends.


The design team loved the triangles, so I designed a card sketch to match. Yes, I tried my hand at designing a sketch! How'd I do?



This is my take on the layout sketch. Yes, I know, I just used a couple of those photos on another layout. I couldn't help it. The Melon Twist stack by DCWV was just too perfect - it matched her outfit like I had planned it, and the photos were of her getting ready to chow down on cantaloupe. It was meant to be :).


Yeah, I realize I spelled cantaloupe wrong. Ugh, I hate typos like that! Oh well, it just speaks to my humanness, right? ;) Instead of the triangles, I fussy-cut fruit slices from one of the patterned papers. You can't really tell, but they are debossed. Several of the papers in the stack are beautifully debossed (the opposite of embossed, more like letterpress). It's my favorite detail and I hope to see more stacks like that from DCWV in the future.


I also used a piece of vellum with gold polka dots from DCWV's new vellum 6x6. I need this stack in 12x12, and I need about a dozen of them! The designs are fabulous and it comes with gold foil and black foil. So cool.


To follow my card sketch, I used scraps from my layout. Easy-peasy :).



I hope you'll check out the challenge post for more from the design team, and I hope you'll join in! Thanks for stopping by today :). Tessa

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS layout!!!! Gotta see this vellum for myself....it looks awesome here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulousso!! This is a beautiful layout! And love that you cut out the melons to use too!! Love the pics especially!! The card is great as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!