Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Word, New Room


Hello twenty fourteen! I am really looking forward to what this year will bring. I can finally say I'm having a baby this year! In fact, this month! Adding a little girl to our family is sure to bring quite a few firsts for the Buys'. Besides Adlyn joining us, there are some other changes on the horizon - the nature of Josh's job is changing; Colten will start middle school; Jaxon will start Kindergarten. So many good and exciting adventures!

While I'm looking forward, I'm also remembering the difficulties of 2013. From the miscarriage at the beginning of the year, to this difficult pregnancy, 2013 taught me much about trial, challenges, and enduring to the end. In October of 2013, our church held General Conference during which President Monson gave this talk: "I Will Not Fail Thee, nor Foresake Thee". As I listened, I was deeply touched. As he spoke about the loss of his precious wife, I couldn't help but relate to the loss I had suffered. I felt as though he were talking to me specifically, and I took his words to heart. It's from his talk that I found my One Little Word for 2014 - finish.


One of the ways I will act on this word is to finish more projects. This past year has left me with many, many unfinished projects that were interrupted by my health or other distractions. I plan to make 2014 a year that ends with an empty "unfinished projects shelf" in my craft space. One of the first projects to finish - and finish soon! - is Adlyn's nursery:



Inspired by this Pinterest pin (original source here). I am so thrilled with the way this turned out!



A work in progress - the two short walls flanking the window will display various embroidery hoop projects. Most of them are filled with fabric, but several will be altered. I'll share again when they are all complete.



A Christmas present from my parents. I'm still trying to figure out what I'll clip to the dress frame, but in the meantime, it's holding garland that I'm making for the ceiling and my cute new tote bag from Scrapbook Circle.

Happy New Year! I hope 2014 is everything you wish for :). Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

2 comments:

  1. I also loved this talk and love that you chose that word. What a great way to look at 2014! I am excited to see all the things you are making for Adlyn's nursery! She is one lucky baby to have you for a mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your word...might have to see how it fits for me next year. This year's word is gratitude!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!