Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Storybook Countdown - Epiphany Crafts

Hello! Wow, what a week! Getting sick followed by Thanksgiving is a good combination for not getting a lot of blogging done! But, the week was good (in the end) and I'm ready for a new one. Before Monday gets away from me, though, I wanted to post my latest project for Epiphany Crafts.


This year we are counting down to Christmas in a new way - with a Christmas Storybook Countdown. My boys all love to read, so I thought this kind of advent calendar would be a great fit for our family. Epiphany Crafts teamed up with Simple Stories, and I was given the Handmade Holidays collection to play with. I cut apart the title/journaling cards and created 25 tags, one for each book:


I embellished the tags with stars, banners and circles by Epiphany Crafts. I also added a bit of gold airmail washi to each one.


I wrapped up 25 storybooks in tissue paper and matching yarn, then clipped the tags in place.


I decided to use clothespins so that I can save and reuse the tags next year. No sense in tearing them with the wrapping, right?


Now my boys are getting excited for bedtime stories and Christmas. I hope this is something that turns into a tradition for us :). For more Simple Stories/Epiphany Crafts wonderfulness, stop by the blog here (and enter to win!). Thanks for stopping by today! I am sharing another advent calendar tomorrow, featuring one of my favorite holiday stacks by DCWV. See you then! Tessa

Attitude of Gratitude Day 26: I am grateful for my health, and the health of my family. I don't mind the little bugs we catch when I know how other families are suffering through incredible, physical hardships. I really can't complain and am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!