Sunday, April 22, 2012

Smash Sunday


It's still Sunday for a little bit, so I'm good, right? I missed my Smash Sunday post last week and I just couldn't do that again. This is a page that I made a couple of weeks ago:


It all started with some oranges that I cut out from a magazine. Then I found this photo of my mother-in-law's orange tree, and then the word "grow" took over from there.


I stuck with an orange and green color palette, as well as natural wood. Not only are the alphas wood, but the postage stamp frames are made from wood veneer.


I used lots of SRM Stickers and dug into my die-cut stash for accents.


I think I might add some mist and a little bit of tape to the other side, but I will leave it pretty much as it is.


I had some Smash pages featured on the Smash Stories blog last week (here). I love visiting that blog for ideas :). Next Sunday I plan to share my progress on my Week in the Life Smash Book. My concept is travel and I am using the international Smash folio. Everything is based on the metaphor that my family's daily life is a journey. It's all about maps, airmail stripes and woodgrain. I can't wait to put it all together! Thanks for stopping by today! Tessa

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely amazing! I love that like me you left the other side. Fantastic SMASHING xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ***sigh*** love this. love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this smash page! I just need to get brave enough to start smashing all 10 of my books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice page, i love oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting ready to start my first Smash book! Loving your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just getting ready to start my first Smash book. Loving your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your smash pages tessa!!
    thanks for a lot of wonderful insiration.
    i'm gladly become a follower of your lovely blog.
    hugs, tess from sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. REally love how you put together all of the elements on this! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!