Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm loving the circles...

...lately at Sketchy Thursdays! This week, ST inspired yet another balloon layout, this time of Colten:


The large circles are covered in strips of ribbon (from the scrap ribbon jar I mentioned yesterday).  I simply punched a circle from cardstock, covered it in adhesive, then lined up strips of ribbon.  Once the circle was covered, I trimmed the excess ribbon to make it a perfect circle again.  Easy peasy and a great way to add texture.


I love using kraft cardstock for my backgrounds, and I discovered a neat trick with this layout.  I bought some pearl-colored Glimmer Glaze a little while back.  It was too transparent for many of the uses I had in mind, but I thought I would try flicking it across this layout to see what happened.  When the glaze dried, it was clear and shiny, making it look like wet drops on the kraft.  I love the look and will definitely be using this technique again :).  The white spots you see are Studio Calico's white Mr. Huey :).


Here's the fabulous sketch:


The sponsor this week is Miss Art's Papercrafting School!  I have the wonderful opportunity to be an instructor at this site and my first class is in production now.  Play along at ST and you could win a two month subscription! Good luck and have a wonderful day :). Tessa

6 comments:

  1. neat sketch! how cool are those ribbon circles?! GREAT job Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I love this LO! I love how you made the circles with ribbon, I might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ribbon circles, Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous page and with great new ideas! I love the title work the most with that photo. Where did you get that font from? I need me some!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page! Love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout, love the circles, the ribbon is such a good idea, and I absolutely love the kraft circles on top of the kraft background, they look great. Thanks for your inspiration for this sketch :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!