Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mother's Day, SRM and the May Sampler

Today on the SRM blog you can find oodles of inspiration for your Mother's Day cards.  I know some parts of the world have already celebrated their moms recently, but really - don't moms deserve cards more than once during the year? :)


For my cards I combined elements from Crate Paper's Portrait collection and the Precocious Paper May Sampler.  Here I fussy-cut roses from patterned paper and embellished with a hand-sewn yo-yo flower.


This next card also uses Portrait papers, as well as some Lily Bee (dress forms) and a shabby rolled flower from the May Sampler:


You can find the SRM stickers I used here and here.


With Easter falling so late, doesn't it feel like Mother's Day is sneaking up on us?  I'll be ready, though!  I'll share what I'm making a little bit later (all the moms in my life poke around this blog, so they'll just have to wait!).  If you'd like to pick up a May Sampler, you can find it in my shop here.  Have a great day! Tessa

3 comments:

  1. Great cards, Tessa! Love the fussy cut flowers combined with your beautiful flowers. And the color combo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL cards! I need to make mine too, and my mommy peaks at my blog too! ;) I agree about Mother's day sneaking up on us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and shop. My friend Joanna blogged about you. Just love your stuff. I'm going to follow!

    Corri
    www.buglvr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!